Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.21.44 PM.png

Tending to your
Beeswax Candles

~Caring for your beeswax Candles so your candles may burn at their finest~
~In relation with your candles to get the most out of them~

-Place your candle on a holder, plate or surface the wax can drip on.Dripped wax can typically easily be removed with a butter knife and/or razor blade.

-If your wick does not light right away, keep the flame to the wick until a bit of beeswax melts around it- this allows for the wick to drink up some of the wax for fuel.

-With hand dipped tappers, the sizes of the candle stick or holder varies and will typically not fit perfectly.You can easily shave the edges with a knife or razor blade if the tapper is to large until it fits.

-To secure tapper to holder, melt the bottom of the tapper with an open flame until dripping and immediately press onto surface of candle holder, candle stick or plate which you are using to hold your tapper.

-If a head forms on the wick after extinguishing, this is called mushrooming. If this happens you will want to trim the "mushroom" off the wick before lighting again.

-With Pillar candles, be sure to allow the melted wax to pool to the edge of the candle to avoid tunneling. With larger pillars this first burn can take up to 4 hours.

-If tunneling does occur, you can simply light the candle again and while the outer wax is warm pull the edges off, or cut the edged of with a butter knife to insure that oxygen is able to reach the flame.

-Always save leftover bits of wax.The bees work hard to create this wax and none should be wasted. It can easily be re-used and you can recycle leftover wax with us using our beeswax exchange program.